Needham sign Steward, Bethell joins Leiston
MICHAEL Steward made a goalscoring debut last night after signing for Needham Market.
Steward scored the second goal in Needham’s 3-1 LB Group Suffolk Premier Cup victory at Hadleigh United.
The midfielder was a stalwart of neighbours Bury Town and a member of the squad that won the Zamaretto Division One Midlands title last season.
He joins on non-contract terms and Needham Market general manager Andy Gould said: “Michael is a player who is well known to the manager and many of the players, he will bring great deal of experience to the club and enhance the squad as we look to cement our position at the top of Ryman League Division One North.”
Needham hope that his league registration will be completed in time for him to be in the squad for Saturday’s important league game at home to Potters Bar Town.
You may also want to watch:
Steward’s arrival at Bloomfields coincides with the departure of striker Darren Bethell, who has joined Ridgeons League Premier Division side Leiston.
Bethell, who has found his opportunities limited at Needham this season, made his debut for Leiston in last night’s 4-0 victory over Brantham Athletic.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
He links up again with Danny Smy and Angelo Harrop, who were both at Needham last season, as well as manager Mark Morsley.
Meanwhile, Remi Garrett has joined Hadligh from Brantham. The 17-year-old striker was with CRC last season before returning to Brantham.