Needham sign Steward, Bethell joins Leiston
MICHAEL Steward made a goalscoring debut last night after signing for Needham Market.
Steward scored the second goal in Needham’s 3-1 LB Group Suffolk Premier Cup victory at Hadleigh United.
The midfielder was a stalwart of neighbours Bury Town and a member of the squad that won the Zamaretto Division One Midlands title last season.
He joins on non-contract terms and Needham Market general manager Andy Gould said: “Michael is a player who is well known to the manager and many of the players, he will bring great deal of experience to the club and enhance the squad as we look to cement our position at the top of Ryman League Division One North.”
Needham hope that his league registration will be completed in time for him to be in the squad for Saturday’s important league game at home to Potters Bar Town.
Steward’s arrival at Bloomfields coincides with the departure of striker Darren Bethell, who has joined Ridgeons League Premier Division side Leiston.
Bethell, who has found his opportunities limited at Needham this season, made his debut for Leiston in last night’s 4-0 victory over Brantham Athletic.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
He links up again with Danny Smy and Angelo Harrop, who were both at Needham last season, as well as manager Mark Morsley.
Meanwhile, Remi Garrett has joined Hadligh from Brantham. The 17-year-old striker was with CRC last season before returning to Brantham.