Spence finds a new club as former Ipswich Town defender heads for Dutch top flight
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town defender Jordan Spence has found a new club.
The defender was released by the Blues in the summer when his contract came to an end, having not played for Paul Lambert's side since the FA Cup humbling at Accrington Stanley last January.
He has been without a club since, touring the world with his actress wife Naomi Scott as she promoted her roles in Aladdin and Charlie's Angels, but Spence has now joined Dutch side ADO Den Haag until the end of the season.
The club from The Hague are struggling at the wrong end of the Eredivisie and are fighting for survival in the Dutch top flight, with former Newcastle and Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew appointed recently to try and keep them up. Spence has been training with his new team-mates in Spain during Dutch football's winter break and is looking forward to getting started.
Spence said: "I am looking forward to making a contribution to ADO. The first impressions of the club and its fans are very good.
You may also want to watch:
"My time at the training camp was important. The players immediately made me feel comfortable in Spain. It was good to see that the team won last weekend (against fellow strugglers RKC Waalwijk).
"Hopefully this victory will be the start of a nice second half of the season."
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
Spence, who has signed a deal until the end of the season, could make his debut against Utrecht on Friday night.