New format for this year’s Felixstowe & Suffolk Bowls Tournament
- Credit: Archant
The Felixstowe & Suffolk Bowls Tournament 2014 will run for two weeks, starting on July 21.
Having taken into account the results from a survey, carried out at last year’s event, along with various comments and observations from several sources, the tournament committee have agreed a revised format for the 2014 event.
Every effort will be made not to schedule any games in the evenings of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in both weeks of the tournament, unless the number of entries dictate otherwise.
This will be achieved by the use of both greens during the early stages each week and also by modifying the timetable of events during the first week.
The Pairs competition in the second week will change to an open format – any combination of ladies and/or Gents – to accommodate a mixed pairs element, as has been requested.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that the changes will encourage new competitors and maintain the loyalty of existing supporters. Full details of the changes are given below.
Week 1: Mixed Triples with the initial rounds being played on Monday and Tuesday during the day, Ladies and Gents Singles will start on Wednesday, with the Finals played as normal on Saturday
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
Week 2: Open Pairs (Two Ladies, Two Gents or Mixed) starting Monday, Men’s triples starting Tuesday or Wednesday depending on number of entries, Ladies’ Triples starting Wednesday or Thursday depending on number of entries with the finals played as normal on Saturday.
Entry fee is £5 per player, per competition and the closing date for entries is Saturday, May 31.
For further details and entry forms, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.