New group for Town fans
Ipswich Town Supporters' Club has extended its North Essex network with the formation of the Manningtree Branch.Dozens of fans from Manningtree, Mistley, Lawford and the surrounding villages regularly make the trip to Portman Road to see the Blues in action – but until now they have missed out on many of the social activities open to members of ITSC.
Ipswich Town Supporters' Club has extended its North Essex network with the formation of the Manningtree Branch.
Dozens of fans from Manningtree, Mistley, Lawford and the surrounding villages regularly make the trip to Portman Road to see the Blues in action – but until now they have missed out on many of the social activities open to members of ITSC.
A group of like-minded local fans – guided by the ITSC main committee organisers – have held an inaugural meeting, adopted a set of rules and regulations and are now actively seeking new members to expand their number.
The branch has decided to meet on the first Tuesday of every month – except when that clashes with games at Portman Road – in The Hedgerows Pub, Clacton Road, Horsley Cross.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 4, starting at 8pm.
New branch chairman James Shippen said: "The idea really came about during our travels into Europe this season and last.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
"A few of us from here travelled together – as we do up to home games in Ipswich – and we met members from other branches along the way.
"There is a very active inter-branch social life with quizzes, competitions and open evenings attended by the management and playing staff at Ipswich Town and we wanted to be a part of that."
Apart from the social aspects of membership, the branch also intends to raise funds to subsidise travel to selected away matches in the way that other branches do now.
Anyone who wishes to join the new branch is welcome to go along to The Hedgerows next Tuesday – at which time several members of the main ITSC committee will be in attendance to answer questions and offer guidance.
If anyone needs further information beforehand, then they can contact the branch secretary Dick Lumsden on 01206 391891.