New injury woe for U’s centre-half Matt Heath
MATT Heath has suffered a new setback, in his quest to return to Colchester United’s first team.
Centre-half Heath had fully recovered from a groin injury, and was on the bench for last weekend’s 2-1 home defeat to bottom club Chesterfield.
He was hoping to return to the U’s starting XI for this Saturday’s short trip to Leyton Orient, but a new groin problem has forced him into the treatment room again.
“Matt has strained his groin again, during a behind-closed-doors friendly against Northampton on Monday,” explained manager John Ward during this morning’s press conference.
““He came off prior to half-time. It’s actually a new injury, not the same one. It’s the same groin area, but not the same injury.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s really unfortunate, because we were getting Matt back into full fitness and he could have played last Saturday.
“We decided not to do that, and get him ready for this week instead, but he won’t now be available,” added Ward.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
The U’s boss will therefore decide between Tom Eastman and Pat Baldwin, to partner Magnus Okuonghae in the heart of defence at Brisbane Road.