Striker Jackson close to signing new Ipswich Town contract
Ipswich Town striker Kayden Jackson is close to signing a new contract with the club, we understand.
The former Accrington Stanley man is on nine goals for the season, having netted four in his debut campaign following his move for an initial £1.6million in the summer of 2018.
His Ipswich contract is currently due to expire at the end of next season, but discussions have been ongoing as the club looks to reward a player whose good form has seen him become a central figure for Paul Lambert's side.
As well as his nine goals, the most recent of which was an impressive winner at Tranmere, Jackson has six assists to his name, with only two players (Liam Feeney of Blackpool and Burton's Scott Fraser) providing more in League One this season.
His contract extension could potentially make him the longest-contracted player at the club, with a host of players, including Flynn Downes and Luke Woolfenden, having deals which currently expire in the summer of 2022.
You may also want to watch:
The vast majority of Ipswich Town contracts include a club option to extend contracts by a further 12 months.
Jackson, who became a father for the first time before Christmas, is second in the Ipswich Town scoring charts to James Norwood, with the former Tranmere man on 10 goals for the season.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Karl Fuller: 'We should bottle the feeling of our last five days'
TOWN CONTRACT SITUATION
Season loan: Norris, Garbutt
2020: Skuse, Edwards, Dozzell, Keane, Rowe, Roberts, McGavin, Dobra, Clements
2021: Chambers, Sears, Judge, Holy, Jackson, Wilson, Nsiala, Nolan, Bishop, Donacien, Huws, El Mizouni, Cotter, Nydam, Folami, Morris, Drinan, Wright, Przybek, Andoh, Gibbs, Z.Brown, K.Brown
2022: Woolfenden, Downes, Norwood, Vincent-Young, Lankester, Kenlock, Ndaba, Crowe