New shirts for Harriers
AthleticsCOLCHESTER Harriers Athletic Club are sporting polo-shirt uniforms for the summer season – thanks to the Birch-based building company, Hutton Construction.
COLCHESTER Harriers Athletic Club are sporting polo-shirt uniforms for the summer season – thanks to the Birch-based building company, Hutton Construction.
The shirts – a first for the Colchester Harriers – were made possible through Hutton Construction's £1,000 sponsorship of Colchester's largest all-ages athletic club.
The shirts boast a red Hutton Construction logo beside the Colchester Castle and Jumbo Tower logos of the 350-member Colchester Harriers.
You may also want to watch:
Each of the 140 members of the Ladies' Track Team and the Junior Track Team are kitted out with the shirts when travelling to and from venues – and posing in the shirts for all winning photographs after the events.
"This will make a huge difference to the squad. They will look tidier and smarter than they have done for years – and that will boost morale and hopefully be reflected in our performance on the track," said Harriers chairman David Wright.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
"The Colchester Harrier squad members always pose for pictures after track events and races – and now they will look like a proper team. They now have a smart and co-ordinated appearance when they travel away together and that will be a great advantage."
The Colchester Harriers Athletic Club, based at the Arena Sports Centre, Colchester, boasts some 350 members aged from seven to 76 and is the largest complete athletic club in the area.
It is entirely dependent on sponsorship – and the £1,000 donation from Hutton Construction is among the largest single contributions to the club's kitty.
Hutton Construction director Mark Shoesmith said the company was extremely pleased to sponsor part of the Harriers' new kit.
He said: "As one of the oldest and most established businesses in Essex it is always good to be associated with a winning young team.
"This sponsorship is a major gesture from Hutton Construction and everyone at the Colchester Harriers is delighted with the company's support and generosity."