New signing Max Melanson raring to go at Stowmarket Town
- Credit: Archant
Max Melanson says he cannot wait to get started at his new club Stowmarket Town this summer, writes Alex Moss.
The 20-year-old joined the Old Gold and Blacks on a two-year deal last week, making the switch from Stow’s Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division rivals Thetford Town.
The central midfielder scored an impressive 28 goals in 50 appearances across all competitions last season, and the former Yeovil Town trainee is hoping he can take his goalscoring form from 2017-18 into the next campaign.
“Rick (Andrews, Stow manager) got in contact with me and told me about the direction the club wants to go in,” Melanson said.
“He told me about what they want to do, the improvements happening to the pitch and when you add everything up it’s something I wanted to be a part of.
“I’m only 20-years-old and hopefully I can get a long term thing going here and be successful.
“I’ve heard great things about the club and I’m looking forward to working with the gaffer and Toasty (Tom Parke, first team coach).
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 10 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
“I’m looking forward to playing in front of the fans as well. I’ve heard they get good support at home and away and hopefully I can show what I can do. I can’t wait to get going.”
Melanson is the second of three new post-season signings so far at Greens Meadow, with his arrival following that of Wroxham defender Tom Matthews last month.
Needham Market defender Sam Nunn has also joined the club, while 15 of last season’s squad have also committed to the club for next season.
Captain Ollie Brown, 56-goal striker Josh Mayhew, Luke Read, Ace Howell, Remi Garrett, Ellis Murrell, Jack Baker, Anton Clarke, Phill Weavers, Leon Ottley-Gooch, Amar Lewis, Angelo Harrop, Craig Brand, Jon Carver and David Kempson have all agreed to stay at Greens Meadow for the 2018-19 campaign.
Stow have confirmed four of their pre-season friendlies this summer. The Old Gold and Blacks will have home games against Leiston (July 21) and Maldon & Tiptree (July 31) and trips to Romford (July 7) and Ipswich Wanderers (July 28).