New summer FA-run football league for Ipswich youngsters
IN an effort to keep competitive football going through the close season for teenagers, Suffolk Football Association is to pioneer a new scheme.
Their proposal to establish an 11 v 11 Ipswich and District Summer League has been accepted as a pilot by the main FA.
There will be divisions at Under-19 and Under-17 levels with the season running for a six to eight week period through June and into July.
Matches will be played on weekday evenings Suffolk FA’s ‘Get into Football’ officer for Ipswich James Payne is delighted.
He said: “This will be the first of its kind in England, and give teenagers a chance to experience football differently.”
Suffolk FA chief executive Phil Knight said in support of the league: “To encourage maximum participation, consideration has been given to introducing competitions that fall outside of the traditional 3pm start on Saturday.
“This competition is intended to act as a pathway to senior football while encouraging youth players to hold their interest in the game in a safe and welcoming environment.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
For more information contact James Payne on 07939 536423 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.