New Time Trial
File pic of Jim Perrin in EASportCYCLING time-triallists looking for an early season test have a new open event to put into the calendar; the Jim Perrin Memorial Hardriders 25.
Event in memory of Jim
CYCLING time-triallists looking for an early season test have a new open event to put into the calendar; the Jim Perrin Memorial Hardriders 25.6 mile Sporting TT.
The event has been introduced by the Chelmer Cycling Club in memory of Jim Perrin, a long-serving clubman who was involved with the club for five decades and who died in an accident in a time trial in 2003.
The organisers of the trial, which starts at 10am on Sunday March 29, have set up a course over Jim's favourite rolling lanes around Finchingfield and up into Suffolk, roads over which he took many of the club's up-and-coming young riders.
You may also want to watch:
Jim's partner Ann will be presenting the prizes at the event headquarters, Finchingfield Village Hall, and the club is looking for volunteers to help with marshalling and other supporting duties.
Riders need to pre-enter and full details of the event, part of the SPOCO series, are available at www.ctt.org.uk or from organiser Antony Stapleton on 01371 820361.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston