Newmarket's MD to step down
NEWMARKET Racecourses announced today Lisa Hancock, its managing director, has decided to step down at the close of the season.Ms Hancock said she made the decision so she could spend more time with her young family.
NEWMARKET Racecourses announced today Lisa Hancock, its managing director, has decided to step down at the close of the season.
Ms Hancock said she made the decision so she could spend more time with her young family.
Ms Hancock, who was appointed MD at Newmarket in October, 2000, has two children, aged three and a half and one respectively.
She joined Jockey Club Racecourses (then RHT) in 1994 straight from the British Horseracing Board graduate course.
Ms Hancock said: “This has been an incredibly hard decision for me because I love my job here at Newmarket and I have a fantastic team but, quite simply, I want to spend more time with my family.
“I am really proud of the progress that we as a business have made over the last seven years and I shall miss my involvement and my superb team terribly, but I am also really looking forward to spending more time with my children as they grow up.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
Richard Hambro, chairman of Newmarket Racecourses, said: “Over the past three years, I have been honoured to work with someone of Lisa's exceptional talent.
“She has the rare ability of being able to communicate successfully with all our customer groups, from owners and trainers to sponsors and racegoers.
“She has been an extraordinary asset to both Newmarket and Jockey Club Racecourses.”
On a personal note, I shall miss Lisa greatly, as will all those who have worked with her at Newmarket.”