Newmarket's MD to step down
NEWMARKET Racecourses announced today Lisa Hancock, its managing director, has decided to step down at the close of the season.Ms Hancock said she made the decision so she could spend more time with her young family.
NEWMARKET Racecourses announced today Lisa Hancock, its managing director, has decided to step down at the close of the season.
Ms Hancock said she made the decision so she could spend more time with her young family.
Ms Hancock, who was appointed MD at Newmarket in October, 2000, has two children, aged three and a half and one respectively.
She joined Jockey Club Racecourses (then RHT) in 1994 straight from the British Horseracing Board graduate course.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hancock said: “This has been an incredibly hard decision for me because I love my job here at Newmarket and I have a fantastic team but, quite simply, I want to spend more time with my family.
“I am really proud of the progress that we as a business have made over the last seven years and I shall miss my involvement and my superb team terribly, but I am also really looking forward to spending more time with my children as they grow up.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 4 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Richard Hambro, chairman of Newmarket Racecourses, said: “Over the past three years, I have been honoured to work with someone of Lisa's exceptional talent.
“She has the rare ability of being able to communicate successfully with all our customer groups, from owners and trainers to sponsors and racegoers.
“She has been an extraordinary asset to both Newmarket and Jockey Club Racecourses.”
On a personal note, I shall miss Lisa greatly, as will all those who have worked with her at Newmarket.”