Nicholls flies off to join the Robins
SPEEDWAY: Ipswich based star Scott Nicholls has joined Swindon for the 2011 season.
The five-time British Champion is an asset of the now defunct Coventry and becomes the Robins’ new number one after the retirement of Leigh Adams, with the Witches moving down to the Premier League.
Swindon manager Ronnie Russell said: “I think it’s a massive capture for Swindon Speedway. Scott is a top professional and he will play a model role with the other riders who have had that in the past with Leigh.
“We felt it was important to have the same type of rider to follow on with.
“I think Scott and Simon (Stead) will be as good a top pair as anyone can have under the points limit.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve already announced Simon as captain, but I think between them they will do an outstanding job on the track and in the pits with the other boys, and it’s a very exciting prospect.”
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 10 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click