No go for Jabo at MK Dons
COLCHESTER United will have to make do without target man Jabo Ibehre this weekend.
Striker Ibehre, who is midway through a three-month loan stint from MK Dons, will not be eligible to play against his parent club on Saturday.
Manager Joe Dunne explained: “Jabo has worked so hard for us since he came in. He has played every game.
“He plays the lone role up front, and gives so much. In the last two or three games he has been kicked from pillar to post. I feel he has had a lack of protection.
“I just feel, even though it is MK Dons, it (the break) has probably come at the right time,
You may also want to watch:
“Jabo probably needs a rest, in terms of letting his body catch up, because he hadn’t played a lot of football this season.
“We will miss him, but we have other replacements,” added Dunne.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
Clinton Morrison looks set to replace Ibehre at Milton Keynes – the Dons are currently third in League One.