No go for Sanchez Watt
COLCHESTER United will have to make do without the services of winger Sanchez Watt, who hobbled off on the hour mark at Chelmsford, for tonight’s League One test at home to high-flying Notts County.
The 21-year-old Arsenal loanee, who started the last league game at Shrewsbury on the bench, due to a knee injury, netted within two minutes of his introduction in a 2-2 draw.
And Watt looked the U’s liveliest player at Chelmsford, until a strained hamstring forced his early withdrawal in a dismal 3-1 defeat.
The hamstring injury will keep on the sidelines this evening.
Ian Henderson, Freddie Sears and Gavin Massey are therefore vying for the two winger roles, in the absence of Watt, while Brian Wilson looks set to return the side at right-back, after missing the Chelmsford Cup tie due to a one-match suspension.
Meanwhile, veteran striker Lee Hughes will return to the Notts County squad, after sitting out the 2-0 win at Portsmouth in the FA Cup, due to a virus.
Hughes will probably be on the bench, due to the good form of the strike-force duo of Francois Zoko and Youann Arquin.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 8 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 9 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 10 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
Zoko netted the opener at Pompey, before Frenchman Arquin bagged his fifth goal in the last four games.
Notts County have yet to suffer a defeat away from home in the league, following four wins and three draws. They are sixth in the table.