No go for Sanchez Watt
COLCHESTER United will have to make do without the services of winger Sanchez Watt, who hobbled off on the hour mark at Chelmsford, for tonight’s League One test at home to high-flying Notts County.
The 21-year-old Arsenal loanee, who started the last league game at Shrewsbury on the bench, due to a knee injury, netted within two minutes of his introduction in a 2-2 draw.
And Watt looked the U’s liveliest player at Chelmsford, until a strained hamstring forced his early withdrawal in a dismal 3-1 defeat.
The hamstring injury will keep on the sidelines this evening.
Ian Henderson, Freddie Sears and Gavin Massey are therefore vying for the two winger roles, in the absence of Watt, while Brian Wilson looks set to return the side at right-back, after missing the Chelmsford Cup tie due to a one-match suspension.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, veteran striker Lee Hughes will return to the Notts County squad, after sitting out the 2-0 win at Portsmouth in the FA Cup, due to a virus.
Hughes will probably be on the bench, due to the good form of the strike-force duo of Francois Zoko and Youann Arquin.
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 5 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 8 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 9 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
Zoko netted the opener at Pompey, before Frenchman Arquin bagged his fifth goal in the last four games.
Notts County have yet to suffer a defeat away from home in the league, following four wins and three draws. They are sixth in the table.