No go in terms of Michail Antonio returning to Colchester
MICHAIL Antonio will not be returning to Colchester United this month.
Flying winger Antonio impressed during a three-month loan stay with the U’s earlier in the season, from parent club Reading.
The 21-year-old netted four goals in 16 outings, between August and early November, and generally caught the eye with his exciting wing-play.
Since returning to the Royals at the end of his initial deal, Antonio has made four substitute appearances for the Championship club, so he is very much a part of their plans.
“I have spoken to Reading manager Brian McDermott about Antonio’s position,” revealed U’s boss John Ward last night.
“But it doesn’t look like Antonio will be coming back to us. That’s not going to happen, which is fine.
“Antonio has been in and around Reading’s first team over the last few weeks. He’s been on their bench, and they rate him very highly.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
“In fact, there have been no developments on any ins or outs this month,” added Ward.
The U’s Reserves entertain Harlow in an Essex Senior Cup quarter-final tie at the Weston Homes Community Stadium this evening (7.30pm).