No more loan business likely for U’s
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward is not planning to do any business before the closure of the loan transfer window today.
Speaking during this morning’s press conference, Ward said: “I don’t expect any new faces.
“If it’s a last minute one that I can’t turn down, then I’ll look at doing it, but I’ve never been one to work the last minute windows.
“We’ve got Freddie (Sears) extended and we’ve got Gavin Massey (on loan from Watford), so for me that’s fine.
“The squad is fit and well, although we will extend Lloyd James’ loan at Crawley, but put a recall clause in so if I need to call him back, then I can do.”
You may also want to watch:
The U’s entertain sixth-placed Carlisle this weekend. If they can beat the Cumbrians, then Ward’s men will only be three points behind them.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket