No problems with Bristol Rovers pitch
ONLY a heavy overnight snow fall could put Colchester United’s match at Bristol Rovers tomorrow in doubt after the south west club declared there are ‘no problems’ with their pitch.
A statement on the club’s official website reads: “Work was done on the pitch following Tuesday night’s game (a penalty shootout defeat to Exeter in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy) and the covers were put on yesterday (Thursday) to protect the surface from the predicted cold spell.
“The ground is currently nice and soft and has not been touched by the frost.
“The club will be paying close attention to the weather, as the only thing that could cause a problem is a heavy snow fall overnight.
“There is currently no pitch inspection planned.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the club has put out a message to all Bristol Rovers fans asking if they can help remove the covers from the pitch tomorrow morning.
The Colchester United team coach left Essex this morning and is making slow progress towards the south west prior to an overnight stay ahead of the game.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 4 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- For all the latest, keep visiting www.greenun24.co.uk. Full match preview of Bristol Rovers v Colchester United in tomorrow’s EADT.