No quarter given
THEY may be best of mates but there will be no quarter given between Mo Camara and Drissa Diallo for 90 minutes tomorrow, writes Derek Davis.Burnley defender Camara does not intend giving fellow countryman Diallo any more presents after handing him a gift when he was at his wedding in their native Guinea last summer.
THEY may be best of mates but there will be no quarter given between Mo Camara and Drissa Diallo for 90 minutes tomorrow, writes Derek Davis.
Burnley defender Camara does not intend giving fellow countryman Diallo any more presents after handing him a gift when he was at his wedding in their native Guinea last summer.
Former Wolves defender Camara, who joined Burnley on Diallo's recommendation after he left for Ipswich, said: "We're talking all the time so I'll talk to him before the game and after the game.
"He is my friend but he's not my friend when I play against him. We could be against each other and I hope so, it would be good." The pair have also played together in World Cup qualifiers for Guinea and the former Le Havre, Lille and Troyes full-back, has the utmost respect for Diallo's playing ability.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "He's had a few injuries where there were two or three months when he didn't play, but now he's back in and he's ok, he's a good strong player."
Ordinarily Diallo would have stayed the weekend at Camara's house after the game but as the Blues have to be back south straight away the pair will enjoy a quick coffee and a chat after the game, even if they have kicked lumps out of each other.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town