‘We will NOT be active in the loan window’ – U’s boss McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has no intention of being active in the loan market before the loan transfer window closes tomorrow evening.
McGreal revealed during today’s press conference, following the morning training session at Florence Park, that he was not expecting any temporary ins-or-outs before this Saturday’s trip to Cheltenham Town.
McGreal said: “The loan window closes on Friday and I don’t expect there to be any business involving us.
“Our business is done. We did it early.
“I don’t expect anyone out, so I don’t expect anyone to come in. One or two under-23s might go out on loan, but none of the senior squad.
You may also want to watch:
“We haven’t really used the loan market this season. We signed a few permanent signings in the off-season instead.
“We will not be active in the loan window, and all clubs will then go with what they have got until January.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
“It will be a level playing field for all,” added McGreal.