No U’s return for Woody
Former Colchester United midfielder, Anthony Wordsworth, will NOT be returning to the Essex club.
Wordsworth is preparing to go out on loan from Ipswich Town, but U’s boss Joe Dunne confirmed this morning that the 24-year-old would not be on his way back to the Weston Homes Community Stadium on a short-term loan.
“Anthony will not be coming back to us,” revealed Dunne.
“I have not made contact with Ipswich this week.”
Wordsworth, signed from the U’s in January, has made just two late substitute appearances this season and often has not even made the bench.
He played 177 league games for the U’s, from 2006, before his move down the A12 to Portman Road.
Meanwhile, Dunne revealed that he was close to extending Luke Garbutt’s loan deal from Everton, although the left-back will not feature against Swindon on Saturday due to suspension.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK