Nominations open to reward grassroots football in Suffolk
NOMINATIONS are now open for the Suffolk FA and FA Community Awards 2012 which seek to reward the best grassroots football clubs, coaches, players and volunteers in the county.
The awards aim to recognise and reward grassroots football clubs and volunteers across the country, the unsung heroes of grassroots football communities in England.
Suffolk FA is calling on people across the county for nominations for each award category so that they can be recognised for their achievements: Outstanding Contribution Award (voted for the public at national level), The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award, The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award, The FA Charter Standard Club Award, The FA Charter Standard League Award, Volunteer of the Year Award and Coach of the Year Award.
Chris Walsh, Suffolk FA County Development Manager, said: “Grassroots football is at the heart of the national game and every week across the country people donate their time and energy to provide a professional, fun and rewarding experience for the local community.
“Suffolk FA is delighted that the FA and McDonald’s, the FA’s community partner, have recognised these clubs and the commitment shown by clubs, coaches, players and volunteers across the UK and so we’d urge people to nominate.”
You may also want to watch:
The winners of the Suffolk FA Community Awards 2012 will be entered into an Eastern Region heat and the winners of those awards will be put forward for the FA’s Community Awards 2012.
The national winners will be announced in October. These winners will be selected by a judging panel which is likely to include Sir Geoff Hurst, Sir Trevor Brooking, and members of the national media.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Friday, May 11.