North Walsham 0 IES III 0
NE14 Hockey East Division 6NENorth Walsham 0 Ipswich East Suffolk III 0Having initially struggled to get a full side, IES left Ipswich with 12 players, bolstered by the addition of Barry Whelpton and Graham Page from the fourth XI.
NE14 Hockey East Division 6NE
North Walsham 0 Ipswich East Suffolk III 0
Having initially struggled to get a full side, IES left Ipswich with 12 players, bolstered by the addition of Barry Whelpton and Graham Page from the fourth XI.
After a long journey to darkest Cromer in North Norfolk hopes were high for a win.
It soon became apparent that both sides were extremely evenly matched, with the game ebbing and flowing between the opposite 25 yard lines.
By half time the stalemate had yet to be broken with both sides defending vigourously.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 4 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 5 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 6 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 7 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 8 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 9 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 10 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
The closest IES came to scoring was when a ball was hit across the North Walsham goal mouth, was not intercepted by four defenders and was hit just wide of the goal by the John Wright.
The second half was much in the same mould, with both sides pushing forward only for their drives to be broken down.
The excitement lasted right to the wire when on the full time whistle IES were awarded a penalty corner.
With all IES players forward, the North Walsham defence was rattled by a beautifully struck ball by Dave Charles but unfortunately this was deflected wide and thus the game ended 0-0.