North Walsham 0 IES III 0
NE14 Hockey East Division 6NENorth Walsham 0 Ipswich East Suffolk III 0Having initially struggled to get a full side, IES left Ipswich with 12 players, bolstered by the addition of Barry Whelpton and Graham Page from the fourth XI.
NE14 Hockey East Division 6NE
North Walsham 0 Ipswich East Suffolk III 0
Having initially struggled to get a full side, IES left Ipswich with 12 players, bolstered by the addition of Barry Whelpton and Graham Page from the fourth XI.
After a long journey to darkest Cromer in North Norfolk hopes were high for a win.
You may also want to watch:
It soon became apparent that both sides were extremely evenly matched, with the game ebbing and flowing between the opposite 25 yard lines.
By half time the stalemate had yet to be broken with both sides defending vigourously.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
The closest IES came to scoring was when a ball was hit across the North Walsham goal mouth, was not intercepted by four defenders and was hit just wide of the goal by the John Wright.
The second half was much in the same mould, with both sides pushing forward only for their drives to be broken down.
The excitement lasted right to the wire when on the full time whistle IES were awarded a penalty corner.
With all IES players forward, the North Walsham defence was rattled by a beautifully struck ball by Dave Charles but unfortunately this was deflected wide and thus the game ended 0-0.