Norwich City v Ipswich Town: “We know how big it is” says Canary boss Farke
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Norwich City boss Daniel Farke knows a derby against Ipswich Town is more than just a game.
City’s 1-0 Championship victory earlier this season was the German’s first taste of the cross-border tussle.
- MORE: Skuse out to end derby day hurt
“To be honest, I felt it when I went out on the pitch during the warm up,” he said, speaking at Colney on Wednesday afternoon ahead of this weekend’s Carrow Road return.
“From each minute it was even more exciting until we scored the goal. You felt what it meant to the supporters and to our club.
“At the final whistle it was outstanding and it felt like one of the biggest days of our whole season. Sadly, about 48 hours later we had a big game at Arsenal so we were not able to celebrate this derby win.
You may also want to watch:
“We know how big it is.
“It is important for me to find a good balance. To be concentrated and make the players concentrated on the topics.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
“We need quality, not just passion, but it also helps if the players feel how important it is for everyone who works at the club and the supporters.
“It gives them extra motivation.
- MORE: Ref for derby day revealed
“I have to calm them down a bit but it is necessary to feel this is a special day. We always want to give 100%, but maybe on this day you want to give a little bit more.”