Norwich City 0 Chelmsford 11
Investec Women’s Cup
DESPITE meeting a team currently playing in a lower league, Chelmsford fully applied their hockey skills and power to this second round Cup match and the style in which this result was achieved emphasised the range of abilities in the squad. Within the first two minutes Chelmsford opened their account through Georgia Herron and then controlled all the play. A series of three short corners concluded with a deft touch from Loren Sherer that gave Chelmsford a 2-0 lead.
With just 12 minutes on the clock, Ruth Gordon collected the ball in the D and with a neat pull back gained space to score Chelmsford’s third. As Chelmsford’s control of the game continued, Captain Marie Kirkham moved forward from defence to score a fourth for Chelmsford. Ally Farrar came off the bench and before half time scored what was to be the first of four goals for the Chelmsford forward to take the half time tally to 5-0.
Excellent contributions from Charlotte McGuiness and Maddie Newland bolstered the team’s fluency. Newland’s run into the D after eight minutes after the restart allowed Herron to strike home her second goal. With Ally Farrar knocking in three more goals, only interrupted by a second from Kirkham, Chelmsford reached double figures. An eleventh from Judith Duffin rounded off an excellent result.
You may also want to watch:
Chelmsford’s next Cup match is on November 13.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 4 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 A134 closed after serious accident in Colchester