Norwich City VI 2 IES III 7
Division 6NENorwich City VI 2 Ipswich East Suffolk III 7Travelling to Norwich with only ten men was not in IES's game plan, but from the start of the match IES applied all the pressure and were very quickly ahead with Ed Taylor slotting the ball home.
Norwich City VI 2 Ipswich East Suffolk III 7
Travelling to Norwich with only ten men was not in IES's game plan, but from the start of the match IES applied all the pressure and were very quickly ahead with Ed Taylor slotting the ball home.
Thirteen minutes later Graydon Webb strengthened the lead, however, Norwich City showed character and, due to a little confusion in the IES defence, pulled one back.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, IES pushed Norwich onto the back foot and scored two more goals from Ed Tayler and Graydon Webb. Stuart List, arriving late, restored the eleven man formation, taking the centre forward position and quickly making his presence felt by scoring after 38 minutes.
Norwich City counter attacked and one minute later scored their second from an own goal, kicked past the IES keeper by central defender James Nayler, much to the amusement of the rest of the IES team. But this was to no avail, as far as Norwich City were concerned, as Webb replied with his hat trick.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
List, placing himself in the perfect position in front of goal, slotted the ball home from a pass off the right wing to put the game firmly and convincingly out of Norwich City's reach.
Despite the score it cannot be said that the Norwich City team disgraced themselves as they played skilful hockey, but with some very young team members were outclassed by the strength, experience and determination of the IES squad.