Ipswich Town starlet Dozzell a transfer target for rivals Norwich City
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell is the subject of transfer interest from rivals Norwich City, we understand.
The homegrown midfielder, who is out of contract next summer, has been tracked by Premier League clubs since bursting onto the scene in 2016, scoring on his debut as a 16-year-old at Sheffield Wednesday to emulate his father Jason.
Brighton are understood to have shown interest earlier this summer, with Norwich now understood to be keen to bring him to Carrow Road following their promotion to the Premier League last season.
It's understood initial talks have been held between the two East Anglian rivals, with no formal bid made at this stage.
The Blues hold the option to extend Dozzell's current terms by a further year, while general manager of football operations Lee O'Neill recently said the club are working on new deals for those with expiring contracts next summer.
Dozzell has impressed during pre-season for Paul Lambert's men, sitting in a deep-lying midfield role which has allowed him to link play to the Blues' strikers.
You may also want to watch:
But he's struggled for gametime since returning from a cruciate knee ligament injury, suffered on the opening day of the 2017/18 season.
The England youth international, capped to Under 20 level, has made 33 Ipswich appearances, scoring twice.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 5 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 10 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton