Ipswich Town starlet Dozzell a transfer target for rivals Norwich City
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell is the subject of transfer interest from rivals Norwich City, we understand.
The homegrown midfielder, who is out of contract next summer, has been tracked by Premier League clubs since bursting onto the scene in 2016, scoring on his debut as a 16-year-old at Sheffield Wednesday to emulate his father Jason.
Brighton are understood to have shown interest earlier this summer, with Norwich now understood to be keen to bring him to Carrow Road following their promotion to the Premier League last season.
It's understood initial talks have been held between the two East Anglian rivals, with no formal bid made at this stage.
The Blues hold the option to extend Dozzell's current terms by a further year, while general manager of football operations Lee O'Neill recently said the club are working on new deals for those with expiring contracts next summer.
Dozzell has impressed during pre-season for Paul Lambert's men, sitting in a deep-lying midfield role which has allowed him to link play to the Blues' strikers.
But he's struggled for gametime since returning from a cruciate knee ligament injury, suffered on the opening day of the 2017/18 season.
The England youth international, capped to Under 20 level, has made 33 Ipswich appearances, scoring twice.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 6 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 7 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 8 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 9 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 10 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer