Norwich Exiles 0 Ipswich Vets 4
East Veterans LeagueNorwich Exiles 0 Ipswich 4IPSWICH travelled to Norwich knowing that victory would more or less guarantee the title with two games to go, we would have to loose both and Harleston need to win all their remaining matches by a good margin.
East Veterans League
Norwich Exiles 0 Ipswich 4
IPSWICH travelled to Norwich knowing that victory would more or less guarantee the title with two games to go, we would have to loose both and Harleston need to win all their remaining matches by a good margin.
Exiles put up a good fight however, and Ipswich only took the lead midway through the half; a penalty corner strike from Tew was deflected home by Ipswich old boy Alan Gaul, and then Reeder broke into the circle and calmly lifted the ball over the advancing keeper.
Curzon who otherwise had a good game saw a hat trick of chances go begging as he failed to make the tap ins on the left post. Glading added the third pouncing on a loose ball after an excellent save from the home keeper.
Captain Steward was hoping for a few more goals in the second half, but too often passing went astray and when chances were created the Exiles keeper continued to kept them out in particular a stunning shot from Gall. In perhaps the best move of the game Gall's aerial put Foster away his cross found Glading who coolly slotted home. Exiles perhaps deserved a consolation but they found Steward in no mood to concede his clean sheet.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
Next week's game against Bury has been postponed as the over 40s make the long trip to York in the semi final of their cup match.