Norwich manager quits
NORWICH United are today searching for a new manager after Gary Butcher quit the club.Butcher tendered his resignation after the club's defeat on penalties to Wroxham following a 2-2 draw in the Ridgeons League Cup second round on Wednesday night.
NORWICH United are today searching for a new manager after Gary Butcher quit the club.
Butcher tendered his resignation after the club's defeat on penalties to Wroxham following a 2-2 draw in the Ridgeons League Cup second round on Wednesday night.
He met with club chairman John Hildich last night and has agreed to step down with Norwich currently second bottom of the Ridgeons League Premier Division with 17 points from 18 games.
Butcher, who took over at Plantation Park in June 2007, leaves after Norwich were knocked out of the one remaining cup competition they were in and less than a fortnight after they exited the Norfolk Senior Cup after losing 1-0 in a replay to King's Lynn Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Butcher, who was an apprentice at Norwich City and also on Blackburn's books for two-and-a-half years, later made 150 appearances for Accrington Stanley.
He then played for Clitherhoe before moving into management and was part of the joint management team that took the club to an FA Vase final at Wembley.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Butcher more recently spent seven years as an academy coach at Norwich City.