Norwich Union II 0 IES 2
Division 2NNorwich Union II 0 Ipswich East Suffolk 2 Ipswich East Suffolk finished their season on a winning note, defeating Norwich Union II in this re-arranged fixture.
Norwich Union II 0 Ipswich East Suffolk 2
Ipswich East Suffolk finished their season on a winning note, defeating Norwich Union II in this re-arranged fixture.
With neither side playing for anything (IES already retaining fifth position and Union already relegated), this game could have been a tame affair, however, it turned out to be far from it.
You may also want to watch:
IES swarmed on the Norwich Union goal in the first period and the hosts had their keeper to thank for a goalless half time score line, while Union had not threatened the IES goal.
The second half saw excellent running from Tingey, who was back to his speedy best. His strike partner Taylor was the one to find the net though as he scored two well taken goals midway through the half. His first was a neat finish past the Union keeper, who had no chance to save it. His second was a top draw rocket-like strike, which saw the home defence and keeper ducking as it nearly ripped open the net.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Union then forced several penalty corners and had a couple of chances, but both were mopped up by the defence and keeper.
IES have finished fifth in Division 2N on their return to that league, conceding just 29 goals in the process. They will now look for promotion to Division One in 07/08.