Brandon Comley to get the nod for Colchester United at Notts County
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, looks set to make just one change to the side that leapfrogged Lincoln City in the League Two table thanks to a 1-0 home win over the Imps on Tuesday.
Central midfielder Doug Loft is a definite non-starter, after damaging his shoulder early on in that match, so his first-half replacement, Brandon Comley, will start at Notts County tomorrow afternoon.
“Doug looks set to be out for three or four weeks, because of a slight tear in his bicep,” revealed McGreal.
“He did the injury early on, and it gave way and collapsed under him while he was trying to protect himself (in a fall). It’s a shame for Doug, because he has waited a long time to get his Colchester career going and we have had a lot of trust in him, adapting his training.
“That’s something I have learnt as a manager, having to adjust training for different players of different ages.
You may also want to watch:
“But Brandon came in and did a terrific job against Lincoln,” said McGreal.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K