Number 9 shirt left vacant and Kevin Bru not given number by Ipswich Town
The no.9 shirt at Ipswich Town has been left vacant after the Blues announced their squad numbers this morning, while Mauritian midfielder Kevin Bru has not been handed a number.
Daryl Murphy, who left Town for Newcastle last August, and free agent Leon Best, wore the 9 shirt at Portman Road last season, and the fact it remains unfilled suggests manager Mick McCarthy is still looking to bring in a talismanic summer signing for that spot.
Transfer-listed Bru, meanwhile, wore the number 17 shirt last season – which has now been given to Danny Rowe, who has impressed on the left-wing during pre-season. Bru has re-emerged in pre-season recently though and could still have a future at Ipswich.
Other significant number news includes new loan signing from Wolves, Dominic Iorfa, taking the number two shirt which was last worn by Steven Taylor, and Adam Webster, who donned the number 15 shirt last term, taking the number 6 jersey vacated by Christophe Berra.
Another loan signing, Manchester City’s Bersant Celina wears the number 11 shirt left by Brett Pitman, Joe Garner will wear 14, Tom Adeyemi will wear 15 and Emyr Huws will continue in the number 44 shirt, worn during his loan spell.
You may also want to watch:
Squad numbers: 1 Dean Gerken, 2 Dominic Iorfa, 3 Jonas Knudsen, 4 Luke Chambers, 5 Tommy Smith, 6 Adam Webster, 7 Teddy Bishop, 8 Cole Skuse, 10 David McGoldrick, 11 Bersant Celina, 12 Jordan Spence, 14 Joe Garner, 15 Tom Adeyemi, 17 Danny Rowe, 18 Grant Ward, 19 Luke Hyam, 20 Freddie Sears, 21 Flynn Downes, 22 Trystan Nydam, 23 Andre Dozzell, 24 Michael Crowe, 30 Myles Kenlock, 33 Bartosz Bialkowski, 44 Emyr Huws.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement