O'Neill the Woodbridge hero
Pre-season gamesWoodbridge 2 AFC Sudbury 1LEE O'Neill netted an injury time winner to send Woodbridge into the new season on the back of four straight wins.
Woodbridge 2 AFC Sudbury 1
LEE O'Neill netted an injury time winner to send Woodbridge into the new season on the back of four straight wins.
The visitors had taken a fifth minute lead when Gareth Heath swivelled to finish well past Marcus Garnham.
Both sides had chances thereafter, with Allicion Blake and Ben Seaman shooting wide for Woodbridge and Sudbury's Simon Head hitting the inside of the post.
A quadruple substitution on the hour galvanised the home side and they equalised ten minutes later when Blake drilled home before he then sent a spectacular dipping volley just wide.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
Marcus Garnham foiled Tommy Noble twice late on but in between O'Neill capitalised on a mistake by Goalkeeper, Dave Walton, to poke home the winner.
Hadleigh Charity Cup
Hadleigh 1 Stowmarket 1
HADLEIGH and Stowmarket will each hold the Hadleigh Charity Cup for six months after an entertaining clash which attracted 112 spectators despite torrential rain.
Before the start a silent tribute was held in memory of Hadleigh President Ken Grimsey who died last month.
Hadleigh went near in the first half when Smith hit the bar, but they had better luck after 49 minutes when new signing Bartholomew curled in a great shot from 25 yards.
Stowmarket equalised after 81 minutes when a free-kick was headed home by Leys. In the second half Stowmarket were twice denied by brilliant saves from Hadleigh Goalkeeper, Whitwell.