O’Toole ‘heads west’ to Ward’s Bristol Rovers
JOHN-Joe O’Toole has been reunited with former Colchester United boss John Ward.
Midfielder O’Toole, who has struggled with injuries for much of this season, has signed on a month’s loan to Bristol Rovers.
Dismissed as U’s boss at the end of September, Ward was appointed Rovers manager earlier this month. The Bristol club are currently second from bottom of the Football League.
Ward has also recruited QPR striker Tom Hitchcock on a similar one-month loan deal.
Both players are set to go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home clash with Plymouth Argyle at the Memorial Stadium (1pm).
You may also want to watch:
O’Toole sparked off rumours that he was leaving the U’s, on a loan deal, when tweeting this morning that he was ‘heading west.’
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill