Catch up on what was said in today’s Ipswich Town web chat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Sheffield United (a), Norwich City (h), Burton Albion (a) and Cardiff City (a) – how are you feeling about Ipswich Town’s up-and-coming October schedule?
This has not been a good month for the Blues in recent years. They’ve won just one of their 23 games in October over the previous five years.
Mick McCarthy’s men have enjoyed a more than solid start to the season with six wins and four defeats placing them eighth in the table with a game in hand on many.
The majority of their wins have come against teams in the bottom half, but they did play well in the narrow 3-2 defeat at Leeds.
They are among the division’s leading scorers, but have also conceded plenty too.
You may also want to watch:
The 5-2 thrashing of Sunderland aside there have been few utterly convincing performances. Then again, the 2-0 home loss to Fulham aside, they haven’t been played off the park either.
Is your Blues glass half-empty or half-full heading into what looks a tough run of fixtures on paper?
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain