October’s League One award winners - did Town star win player of the month?
- Credit: Archant
The League One award winners for October have been announced this morning - here they are...
Ipswich Town’s Gwion Edwards was up for player of the month, but missed out to Charlton Athletic stopper Ben Amos.
Edwards netted three times in October for the Blues - twice in the 4-1 thumping of Blackpool at the seaside, and again in the following game, a 2-0 win over Accrington Stanley at Portman Road.
Amos, however, kept six clean sheets, and got the vote ahead of Edwards and two strikers - Portsmouth’s Marcus Harness and Siriki Dembele of Peterborough.
Meanwhile, Peterborough United boss Darren Ferguson got the nod for manager of the month ahead of Charlton’s Lee Bowyer, Pompey’s Kenny Jackett and Accrington Stanley’s John Coleman.
You may also want to watch:
Ferguson’s charges, who now sit top of the table, collected 19 points from seven unbeaten games in October, scoring 17 goals in the process.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143