Old Boy Kevin to face Town
FORMER Ipswich Town midfielder, Kevin Horlock, will play for Bury Town against his old club in tonight's first pre-season friendly of the summer at Ram Meadow (kick-off 7.
FORMER Ipswich Town midfielder, Kevin Horlock, will play for Bury Town against his old club in tonight's first pre-season friendly of the summer at Ram Meadow (kick-off 7.45pm).
Championship visitors Ipswich will include a handful of first teamers among their ranks, and there will certainly be some familiar faces in the Bury side for Ipswich fans, including triallist Horlock and defender Gavin Johnson.
Former Northern Ireland international Horlock made 58 league appearances for Ipswich between 2004 and '06.
The 35-year-old also played for the likes of Swindon, Manchester City and West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Bury boss Richard Wilkins said: “Kevin (Horlock) has been training with us two or three times. He's looking sharp and is very keen.
“He has recently moved into the area, near Eye, and he's currently weighing up his options. But he's enjoying it with us and hopefully he will play for us this season.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
“The team is made up of mostly 20-or-so year-olds, so we need some experienced players around them.
“Gavin Johnson proved invaluable for us last season, and he should do the same again this season. Both he and Kevin are still quality players.”
Bury will also include summer signings Roscoe Hipperson (centre-half from Histon) and Marcus Garnham (keeper from Woodbridge) in tonight's squad.
Richard Naylor, Billy Clarke, Gary Roberts and Shane Supple are all set to figure for Ipswich, with new reserve development coach Chris Kiwomya taking charge of a mix of first team and Academy players.
Kiwomya said: “I'm still feeling my way and learning about the players and their characters and I will learn more at Bury.”