Old boys network help Town to recruit
IPSWICH Town are to use their old boys' network to help recruit new players.With Fabian Wilnis' contacts in the Netherlands, Sylvain Legwinski in France and Jason De Vos going to Canada, the Blues are hoping more talent will be spotted.
IPSWICH Town are to use their old boys' network to help recruit new players.
With Fabian Wilnis' contacts in the Netherlands, Sylvain Legwinski in France and Jason De Vos going to Canada, the Blues are hoping more talent will be spotted.
Wilnis introduced his cousin to the Blues last year but an injury prevented him from coming on trial.
You may also want to watch:
Pablo Counago has been influential in bringing some Spanish talent over, including Cesar Navas who broke a bone in his foot and then decided not to take up the offer of a contract with the Blues.
Former Town captain De Vos will use his new position in the media to scout for talent in the MLS.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
De Vos said: “I'm hoping to carry on doing my bit for the club. I will keep my eyes and ears open on players in the North American continent and if I feel there is someone good enough to play for Ipswich, I will be on the phone to the gaffer straight away.”
Blues coach Steve Foley has been to watch Valencia versus Levante game while on holiday in Valencia where he has a villa and that has prompted speculation Town are after a Spanish player.