Old face Duguid just training
Former Colchester United skipper Karl Duguid is back at the Essex club, although at the moment only for pre-season training.
FORMER Colchester United skipper Karl Duguid is back at the Essex club, although at the moment only for pre-season training.
Duguid is a free agent, having been released by troubled Plymouth Argyle at the end of last season. The Pilgrims suffered a second successive relegation into League Two and are haunted by money problems. They remain in administration.
The versatile Duguid, now 33, made his debut for the U’s as a 17-year-old and went on to rattle up more than 400 senior appearances before moving onto Plymouth three years ago.
Duguid is on the look-out for a new club, and is currently sharpening up his fitness with the U’s.
You may also want to watch:
However, he is not set to feature in the U’s first pre-season friendly, at Maldon & Tiptree this evening (kick-off 7.45pm).
Defender Magnus Okuonghae will be the only senior player not to figure, as a precaution following his ankle operation towards the end of last season.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 6 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 9 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
He has made a full recovery and is now just returning to fitness, so will join in some of the later pre-season games.
Manager John Ward remains in the hunt for new players, especially front-men, as the only strikers at his disposal are Steven Gillespie and Kayode Odejayi.
Maldon & Tiptree, of the Ryman League Division One North, have slashed their prices for tonight’s friendly.
Adult tickets are priced �5, under-12s can gain admission for just �3, and a family ticket of one adult and two under-12s costs �10.