‘I still have my best to offer’ - Big striker Hawkins excited about Town move
- Credit: Archant
Big striker Oli Hawkins says he still has his best to offer as he arrives at Portman Road ahead of a promotion push in the coming campaign.
The 6ft 5ins target man, who can also play at centre back, will bring some much-needed physicality to the Town front line.
The striker, 28, who’s signed an initial two year deal, with an option for a third, found minutes hard to come by at Portsmouth last season, in part due to injury and also due to the form of ex-Ipswich striker Ellis Harrison.
He scored 18 goals in 96 games at Fratton Park and will be hoping to give his career a kick-start in Suffolk.
“It’s a pleasure to have signed here,” Hawkins told iFollow Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“I was at Portsmouth last season and that’s a big club with an excellent fan base, it’s the same here.
“This is a new start for me and I’m looking forward to getting that buzz back. I still have my best to offer at this level so I want to show that.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 9 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
“I’m excited and once the football starts I really think I’ll enjoy myself here. I’m here to help the club achieve what it wants to.”