‘I still have my best to offer’ - Big striker Hawkins excited about Town move
- Credit: Archant
Big striker Oli Hawkins says he still has his best to offer as he arrives at Portman Road ahead of a promotion push in the coming campaign.
The 6ft 5ins target man, who can also play at centre back, will bring some much-needed physicality to the Town front line.
The striker, 28, who’s signed an initial two year deal, with an option for a third, found minutes hard to come by at Portsmouth last season, in part due to injury and also due to the form of ex-Ipswich striker Ellis Harrison.
He scored 18 goals in 96 games at Fratton Park and will be hoping to give his career a kick-start in Suffolk.
“It’s a pleasure to have signed here,” Hawkins told iFollow Ipswich.
“I was at Portsmouth last season and that’s a big club with an excellent fan base, it’s the same here.
“This is a new start for me and I’m looking forward to getting that buzz back. I still have my best to offer at this level so I want to show that.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 7 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 8 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
“I’m excited and once the football starts I really think I’ll enjoy myself here. I’m here to help the club achieve what it wants to.”