‘Norwich will always be a much bigger club than Ipswich’ - Ex-Canary Oliveira takes another shot at Town
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Norwich City old boy Nelson Oliveira has taken another pop at Ipswich Town, claiming the Canaries ‘will always be a bigger club’.
Oliveira, who previously insisted Norwich were a ‘better club’, with ‘better players’ than Town ahead of a derby clash in October 2017, made the comments in an interview with Reading fan site The Tilehurst End.
He scored for the Royals at Portman Road while on loan with Reading in the Championship last season, and promptly celebrated in front of Town fans.
The Portugal international said: “I never had an easy relationship with Ipswich fans. One time playing for Norwich I said that we should win the derby because Norwich is a bigger club. Maybe I didn’t look at the stories of both clubs, as I know Ipswich is also a good club.
“But I still think Norwich is bigger.
You may also want to watch:
“I have love for the people of Norwich and for the fans.
“In my opinion, Norwich will always be a much bigger club than Ipswich. So when I scored that goal, my yellow and green heart came through.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
“I celebrated with a little bit more passion, and it helped us get an important win as well.”
Oliveira is now playing for AEK Athens.