Olympian Louise Jukes pleased with progress of Ipswich handball side despite Brentwood loss
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Handball Men’s team, coached by Olympian Louise Jukes, took on Brentwood HC at Suffolk One in a return East Development League game this week.
The first 20 minutes saw both teams holding each other to level scoring, but as the game progressed the more experienced Brentwood eased ahead.
Although Ipswich fell to a 39-26 defeat, they showed huge improvement from their previous clash with Brentwood.
Afterwards a pleased Jukes, who played for Team GB at the 2012 London Olympics, said: “For a club that has been in existence less than a year, this is enormous progress.”
Suffolk One hosts the under 16 County trials for boys on Sunday 2 February, while the women’s team travel to London on 8 February to take on Southampton and Bath in a double header.
Anyone interested in playing handball, Ipswich Handball Club train at Suffolk One every Wednesday, juniors (under 16) between 6.15 and 7.15pm and seniors from 7.15pm until 9.15pm.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 8 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 9 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 10 Triple murder accused appears in court