Olympic incentive for hockey duo
ENGLAND women's hockey side could qualify for the London 2012 Olympics today when they face Germany in the semi-final of the EuroHockey Nations Championships at 6.
ENGLAND women's hockey side could qualify for the London 2012 Olympics today when they face Germany in the semi-final of the EuroHockey Nations Championships at 6.30pm tonight.
Having already beaten Ireland and Italy in their opening Pool A games, England progressed to the semi's despite being narrowly beaten 1-0 by tournament favourites Holland in their final group game on Tuesday.
England, who are hosting the tournament in Manchester, now face Pool B winners Germany, while Holland take on Spain in the other women's semi-final today (4pm).
Even if England do not win today, they will have another chance to gain direct qualification to the 2012 Olympics through a third/fourth play-off match on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich's Jo Ellis and Chelmsford's Chloe Rogers are both part of the England squad vying for success.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143