On the run: Build-up to Colchester Castle parkrun’s fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
In our weekly look at the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we feature Saturday’s Colchester Castle parkrun from Castle Park
Just a week before Colchester Castle parkrun celebrates its fifth anniversary, a field of 414 tackled Saturday’s 263rd staging of the popular 5K event in Castle Park.
Angus Holford, who runs first claim for Woodford Green but second claim for Colchester Harriers, led everyone home in 16mins 53secs, just 21 seconds slower than his personal best for this undulating two-lap course.
Colchester Harriers’ Nate Filer did celebrate a PB (17:15) in second spot, in his 45th parkrun, while club-mate Danny Millward, who is in the 15-17 year-old age group, was third in 17:17, which equalled his PB for the event.
Fellow Harrier, Andrea James, was the first female finisher in 20:13, followed by Jordi Moat (PB of 22:14) and Great Bentley RC’s Gemma Camp (PB of 23:19).
You may also want to watch:
The event was made possible by 29 volunteers, and first-time parkrun participants included Richard Bunce, James Anderson, Hugh Stanton, Ben Sayles, Guinoc Salira, Liz Bright, Steve Goatman, Alice Grieve and Andrew Hollock.
The first event was held back on April 6, 2013.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 4 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 'They don't trust me and I don't trust them' - Cook on 'jittery' atmosphere