On the run: Spotlight on Colchester Castle parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In our weekly look at the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we feature Saturday’s 257th staging of the Colchester Castle parkrun
The weekly Colchester Castle parkrun had an extra challenge for runners, joggers and walkers on Saturday – ice, as well as the usual hills!
In addition to the 389 who completed the 5K course, there were an impressive 29 volunteers in attendance, many of whom helped to make the course safe in the icy conditions before the 9am start-time.
The field was swelled by a number of Essex ambassadors from “This Girl Can,” who were clearly visible wearing their bright pink attire – they promote confidence, physical and mental well-being by motivating and helping women get back into physical activity.
Jason Gunn was first home in 17mins 52secs, followed by Harwich Runners’ Mark Lloyd in 18:18 and Fergus Crouch, of Colchester Harriers, who was third in 18:26.
You may also want to watch:
The first female finisher was Meere Rajoo-Oakley, of Great Bentley RC, with 22:12. This was the 257th staging of the event.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12