On the run: spotlight on Great Cornard parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Scott Manning led home a field of 113 as runners, joggers and walkers enjoyed the Spring sunshine at the 218th staging of the Great Cornard parkrun on Saturday morning.
A member of Framlingham Flyers, Manning covered the fast 5K course, from Great Cornard Sports Centre, in 18mins 11secs in what was his 86th parkrun.
Mark Smith was second home in 19:00, followed by third-placed Paul Preston, an over-45 veteran from Colchester Harriers, in 19:28. Over-50 veteran Todd Lewis, of Sudbury Joggers was fourth home in 20:03.
Lucy Cowlin, also of Sudbury Joggers, was the first female finisher in 22:07, while teenager Amelia Moule celebrated a personal best with 22:27 in second.
Elizabeth Cahill, of Braintree & Dustrict AC, was third female in 23:15. She is an over-50 veteran.
Three in the field were taking part in their first-ever parkruns. Ronnie Egan (30:12), Andy Brame (35:27) and Tony Fox (39:25) were the trio of ‘first timers.’
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport