On the run: Spotlight on Harwich parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Just over 100 runners, joggers and walkers braved the cold, windy conditions to take part in the 141st staging of the Harwich parkrun on Saturday.
Colchester Harriers and Harwich Runners club athletes accounted for the top five home, over the usual 5K course from Dovercourt Cliff Park.
Harriers’ Jon Nears led home a field of 102 in 18mins 36secs, at what was his first appearance at this event, followed by the Harwich duo of Graeme Knott (19:12) and Simon Day (19:34).
The experienced Peter West, of the Harriers (19:34) and Harwich Runners’ teenager Archie Barrington (19:39) also beat 20 minutes, while Saint Edmund Pacers’ Jon Lockwood was sixth in 20:26 at what was his 112th parkrun.
As is often the case at this event, Harwich Runners had a one-two-three among the ladies.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Hodgkiss (21:14), over-55 veteran Claudine Tisbury (21:30) and Madeline Lewis (21:37) all featured in the top 15.
Young Eddison Barker (11-14 year-old age group) completed his first-ever parkrun in 23:30. Bec Newell and Courtney O’Toole were also ‘first-timers.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site