On the run: Spotlight on Ipswich parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In our weekly look at the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we feature Saturday’s 284th staging of the Ipswich parkrun
Fields of 400-plus have been a regular feature of the Ipswich parkrun in recent weeks, and that was also the case at Saturday’s 284th staging of the event at Christchurch Park.
Runners, joggers and walkers covered a 5K distance on a two-lap course from near the Mansion House Cafe – Christchurch Park is the winter home of the Ipswich parkrun, away from the normal Chantry Park venue which tends to be quite waterlogged at this time of the year.
Paul Wain, of Ipswich JAFFA, led home the field in a time of 17mins 45secs, some way off his personal best of 16:57.
Darren Shepherd, an over-45 veteran from Framlingham Flyers, was second home in 18:10, followed closely by Felixstowe Road Runners’ Gary Taylor (third with 18:11). Bethan Fothergill was the first female in a PB of 23:02.
As always, there were many taking part in their first-ever parkruns.
These ‘first timers’ included Surya Kollapudi, Adam Sellers, Katie Brown, William Johnson, Greg Rice, Anna Elliston, Jenson Ashlee, Kirstie Bates, Barbara Nolan, Ebru Fleming, Donna Willats, Cathy Johnson, Marie Malkin and Oliver Jennings.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 3 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected