On the run: Big field at Kesgrave parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Scott Manning and Daisy Glover were first male and first female at the 188th staging of the Kesgrave parkrun, held over a flat 5K course at the Millennium Field in Kesgrave on Saturday.
A member of Framlingham Flyers, Manning marked his first appearance at the Kesgrave event with a time of 17mins 27secs, finishing just nine seconds clear of runner-up Matthew Snowdon, a junior from Ipswich Harriers.
Manning has now run 83 parkruns, 70 of these having been at Great Cornard.
Neil Turner was third in 17:39, and Ipswich JAFFA’s Tom Wake fourth in 18:20, before Glover arrived as the first lady in an excellent fifth overall in 18:32.
Teenager Rose Mortimer was second female with 21:27, just five seconds ahead of Jayne Chappels.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 332 completed the event, with parkrun ‘first timers’ including Mike Green, Lydia O’Hagan, Cheryl Pethybridge, Gavin Horrex, Bradley Borley, Nigel Goose, Karen Cosson, Steve Dean, Bella Lock, Emma Brown, Joseph Topple, Bethany Cotton, Kate O’Mahoney and Jamie Cragie.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship