On this day - Ipswich Town beat Wolves 2-1 in April 1973
- Credit: Archant
On April 21 1973, goals from Peter Morris and Trevor Whymark saw Ipswich Town secure a 2-1 home win over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The Blues slipped behind after a loose pass from Bryan Hamilton allowed John Richards to beat David Best, with the visitors heading into half-time 1-0 up.
However, in the second half Morris’s shot went under Phil Parkes and Whymark headed home to secure three points for Sir Bobby Robson’s side.
Colin Viljoen and Frank Munro were both sent off in the second period following an off the ball incident.
Ipswich Town 1 Norwich City 5 - April 21, 2011
Also on this day, Ipswich were humbled 5-1 at home by rivals Norwich.
Under the lights on a Thursday evening at Portman Road, the Blues were 3-1 down through goals from Andrew Surman and Simeon Jackson, as well as a Gareth McAuley own goal, before Jimmy Bullard pulled one back from range.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
However, Russell Martin and Dani Pacheco scored in the final 10 minutes to end a tough night for Ipswich.