Ones to Watch: Suffolk’s top five non-league gems who could make it into the professional game
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk’s non-league scene is inundated by an abundance of young talent, sports reporter WILL RIDGARD looks at the best of them, highlighting a top five he thinks could make it into the professional game.
As the mercurial rise of Ipswich Town’s £10m-rated left back Tyrone Mings demonstrates, there is plenty of talent in non-league football.
Keshi Anderson sealed a Premier League switch to Crystal Palace from Barton Rovers, of the Southern League Division One Central (the equivalent of the Ryman North Division) last month, and two of this region’s non-league players have been looked over by Mick McCarthy and Ipswich Town recently.
Teenage winger Ace Howell (Needham Market) joined Town’s under-18’s last month, while 20-year-old wide man Tom Wraight (Witham Town) has been on trial with the Blues of late.
So who are the other hidden young gems on Suffolk’s non-league scene?
You may also want to watch:
After scraping round my various notes, team-sheets, and club programmes over the past 18 months, I have highlighted five players who play at varying steps of non-league football in Suffolk, whom I feel Ipswich, and indeed other professional clubs, could do worse than having a look at.
Follow the above link to read the full feature.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
What do you think? Do you agree with my selections? Have I missed anyone? Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.